There is no better way to say “I love you” by serving this comfort food, which goes straight to the heart. This is a time-saving recipe with some short cuts. Of course you can make everything fresh, like the mashed potatoes from scratch with boiled potatoes.
You will need:
- 1 lbs minced beef
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 (instant) mashed potatoes
- 1 real butter
- 1 bouillon cube
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lbs mixed vegetables – Macedoine
- 3 tbs Sweet Soy Sauce
- Bread-crumbs or grated cheese
Before you start with cooking, pour yourself a glass of wine. Some background music. Breathe in, breathe out! Close your eyes and take a sip!
1) Preheat oven to 400F –
14) Sprinkle some breadcrumbs and grated cheese.
15) Place the dish(es) in the oven under a grill to get this yummy golden brown crust – for about 5-10 minutes.
16) Tadaaa! Hidden under this blanket of mashed potatoes with a brown crust is a delicious, hearty mix of minced meat and vegetables with a hint of sweetness from the Kecap Manis (Sweet Soy Sauce). Congratulations! Serve with some pickles for a sweet ‘n sour freshness, add some chili sauce for a kick and pour yourself some more wine… if there’s still some left in the bottle.